You’ve spent time to create this wonderful Facebook page, you’ve got some pretty decent content and there are people who have liked you. And then what?
Nobody is engaging your page and you are wondering if anyone is even seeing what you are posting? And the answer is probably not.
Facebook has a formula called Edgerank for figuring out how much of what you post gets seen by the people who have liked you.
I was when I first heard about it. I just figured that everybody got everything I posted, but that is not the case. Edgerank is determined by 3 factors, Affinity, Weight, and Time Decay. Affinity is how connected the person is who has liked your page. So have they liked any of your posts, have they commented, tagged or shared a post before. Weight is determined by the type of post you make. Text only, questions, video or photo. Time Decay is just how it sounds. How long has that post been there.
So how do you check your Edgerank? There is a free tool at www.edgerankchecker.com where you can get a basic ranking on your page. Any score over 20 is considered excellent. It works best when you have at least 100 likes on your page. Under that the score won’t be as accurate.
It doesn’t matter if you score is 0 or 100 everyone needs to increase their Edgerank. In fact it is vital to your business that you do. Interaction is the Key. Social media is about relationships, and out of those interactions that you have comes business. So no relationship, no business.
So what are some ways to increase your interaction and your Edgerank?
1. Post once to twice a day and make your post interesting. Something that your fans will benefit from.
2. If someone leaves you a comment, respond back. Remember it is all about relationship, relationship, relationship.
3. 90% of your posts should include a photo. Photo’s automatically get viewed by more people. What get the most views are videos so you need to include them too.
4. Change your cover image regularly. Get creative. Make then stunning, but remember to follow Facebook’s rules or you could get your page banned.
5. Ask questions. Have call to actions. Ask then to respond to what you have posted.
6. Hold contests. There are lots of apps out there that you can use to hold contests on Facebook.
7. Every once in a while give your fans a chance to shine on your page by highlighting them and what they do.
So there you go. 7 ways to make your Facebook page come alive and interactive. Would love to hear what you think about this. Just click the little comment box beside the title.
To your success,