Canadian Thanksgiving was just a few weeks ago and the US Thanksgiving is coming up and it got me thinking about the wild turkeys that live in my neighbourhood. Did you know that they are dumbest, smart bird I have ever known. During hunting season you can’t find them anywhere, and during the rest of the year they stand on the road and make YOU wait for them to move. You can honk, you can move forward slowly, but they won’t move until they want to, and there is never just one of them. I have been late for appointments waiting for Mom and all the young ones to cross the road.
So I decided to read up on them and I found some interesting parallels between them and running a MLM/ Network Marketing/Direct Sales business.
1. Wild turkeys thrive when they live in a protected area with an open field or space beside it. They forage in the open space for food, but can quickly get to cover when it is needed. For us that means that we need a place that we can go to when things get tough. You always go out and look for new people, build your team and your business, but have that place whether physically, mentally or spiritually where you can recharge and motivate yourself. Attacks in this business will come, and they can be on the outside or on the inside and you need to be prepared to guard yourself and combat those attacks when they come or you won’t be in this business for very long.
2. Wild Turkeys can roost and rest in trees. It gives them covering, protection and a unique perspective on the whole world around them. Do you take time to rest? Rest not only recharges your body but your brain as well and helps give you perspective on yourself and your business. I always know when I haven’t taken enough rest. Everything becomes harried and I can’t stop thinking about all the things I need to do and on and on it goes. When I take rest it allows my mind to settle and I actually get more things done.
3. Varied VocalizationsTweet This
Wild Turkeys can make many different sounds to communicate with other turkeys. The first time I heard the young ones I couldn’t figure out what kind of bird it was because it was so unique. In MLM you need to have many different ways to communicate so that you can draw as many people to your business as possible. Build you team locally, build it online, find ways to connect with people that you normally wouldn’t associate with. If you are only prospecting one way then you are missing out on a lot of business.
4. They Have Lots Of Different Food Sources.
Wild Turkeys will eat seeds, foliage, berries, bugs and small reptiles, which is probably why they like my backyard. It has all of them including the snakes (just little garter snakes no longer than my forearm and they don’t bite.) What food are you feeding your mind, soul and spirit? The most successful people are the ones with the biggest libraries. They are constantly learning and growing not only their skills, but more importantly in their capacity for success. Make it a goal to learn something about yourself each day and to grow as person and you will see more success.
5. Great Daytime Vision, Poor Night Time Vision
Turkeys can see better than people in the daytime, but not as well as us in the night. So how does that apply to us? Simple. Turkeys know their weaknesses and protect themselves accordingly. They go out to eat in the early morning when most other animals are a sleep and they sleep in trees at night when there enemies are awake. Pretty smart, huh? We all have weaknesses in our business. Things that we don’t do well or we just don’t really like to do. So instead on focusing all your time and energy trying to make your weaknesses stronger, why don’t you work your strengths, get results and pay someone to do the things you can’t. Instead of being frustrated you will feel liberated.
So there you have it. Probably never would of thought that you have something in common with turkeys did you?
Now I have something special to share with you. I have been working on a couple of projects that are going to help you keep your business organized over the next three months. I have created two planners. One for Network Marketers and one for Direct Sellers. Each one has:
* Monthly Goals
*Week At A Glance
* Daily To Do Lists
* Your Word Colouring Sheet
* Your Earning Goals
The Network Marketer one has 50 Lead Tracker Sheets to build your team.
The Direct Seller one has 50 Customer Tracking Sheets to build your sales.
Right now they are $29.95 USD each. I will be raising the price to $34.95. So you want to get them now. I always love to reward my regular readers with good savings. So click the picture of the one you want and start getting your business organized.
To being a successful MLM Turkey,